A lot has been said about the HCG diet plan, and with its efficacy in facilitating weight loss still a raging debate, someone needs to set the record straight. There is some measure of concern for many people, based on the fact that this diet plan involves the injection of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG); a hormone contained in the urine of pregnant women. Granted, this may not be the most appealing of sources, but as a weight-loss supplemental diet, it works pretty well.
Rare facts you ought to know
Based on the scores of positive reviews, it is safe to say that this diet works, albeit rather well. The plan here is to understand why the effectiveness comes in varying proportions based on certain influencing factors. Like any treatment, it can only do so much, and it is a little short of wishful thinking to imagine that it can be a quick fix. There are some things you need to do to ensure that you get the best results;
- First, unlike regular weight loss plans, the HCG diet does not require vigorous exercises. It plays on an entirely different ballpark. All you need is some light exercises- a bit of walking should do the trick, nothing too intense.
- This diet actually has protocols, within which you are advised to avoid the use of fat-based deodorants. Stick to the ones that are oil-based.
- This will probably not settle well with many people, but, get this-you are not allowed to chew gum while you are on the HCG diet plan!!
- This diet comes in several phases, and although alcohol is permitted at the initial stage, it becomes a risk factor when you get to the second and third phases. So it is recommended that you find a list of HCG beverages to supplement the urge.
- You are also advised against drinking tap water. This is mainly due to the fact that it contains chlorine, which may affect your thyroid.
Note that these are simply guidelines to help you get through your weight loss plan as effortlessly as possible.
The HCG diet plan works mainly as an appetite inhibitor, restricting you to around 500-800, as calories a day. This, ergo, results in subsequent weight loss, by virtue of the fact that it causes you to eat less. Perhaps the most stand-out benefit here is the fact that it causes a change in eating habits, allowing you to consume less, lose weight, and keep it off! It goes way beyond a simple weight loss plan here; you become less susceptible to such conditions as asthma, gout, heart disease, and stroke, as well as many other conditions that are usually associated with people who are overweight. The HCG diet plan is one new craze that actually works!
As effective as this plan may be, you need to know that there is no quick fix when it comes to weight loss, and you will need some level of discipline to see it through. Although many people are giving this treatment a thumbs-up, on some level, one shoe does not fit all; which is why it is very important to ensure that you consult your physician on the possible effects of this drastic reduction in calorie intake, as well as its effects on any underlying condition.