During the last years, large attention is focused on the allergies of the food but it’s hard to answer – their amount is grown or not. As almost every foodstuff can cause an allergic reaction that’s why the part of these cases we could explain with the growing usage of the processed foodstuff and the growing availability of the exotic products.
There are the following food allergies:
- Genuine food allergies which are stated by the disorder of the immune system
- Pseudoallergies which show the same symptoms but they are not stated immune logically – these allergies usually are caused by the organic dyes and preservatives
- Reactions that are caused by the increased ingestion of biogenic amines and which reactions are similar to for the allergies, biogenic amines are in cheese, in expired canned fish, etc.
Few facts about the allergies:
- Any foodstuff can cause allergy
- Allergic symptoms appear then when the allergens are ingested by stomach
- Symptoms of the allergic illness: seediness, migraine, tiredness, itch, changes on skin, sickness, diarrhoea, asthma etc.
- As nowadays products mostly are made of many foodstuffs and additives that’s why it’s hard to establish allergy
- The most reliable but the hardest way to diagnose the allergy is after 2-5 days fasting gradually with 2-3 days interval include in the menu one group of products – cereals, potatoes, dairy products, meat, ham, egg, vegetables, fruits and fish. During the whole process, observation is made for allergic reactions
- To avoid allergy different therapies offer consequent avoiding of allergens but sometimes it could be very difficult
From the allergological point of view, the most recommended would be a simple diet which would contain as less mixed products as possible and which wouldn’t contain a too big amount of the fresh and unprocessed products.